Moving to a new office is exciting and often follows a period of growth where more space is needed for new team members, but whether you are one branch of a big corporation or a small independent team, moving offices can often be a stressful experience. Your business relies on its setup to operate and relocating all of your computers, desks and furniture can seem like a daunting task.
Thankfully, professional office removal companies and relocators are here to help, whether you need the service in London or across the country. Hiring a professional company to carry out your office removal means that you can relieve yourself of the stress of the move, minimise your team’s downtime and instead turn your attention to more important things!
2.Finding The Best Office Removals Company
Once you’ve decided to hire a professional office removal company to help with your relocation the next challenge is finding a good one, and this is where Shiply can help.
Rather than spending hours scrolling through search pages and flicking through phonebooks trying to find a reliable office removals service you can simply fill out a quick form on the Shiply site and companies will bid for your job, sending quotes directly to your inbox.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s just a few miles down the road or across Europe, thousands of companies and transport providers are on Shiply and will try to complete your job. Furthermore, companies on Shiply are often making similar journeys already, meaning that not only are prices often up to 75% cheaper but the environment also benefits as there are less unnecessary vehicles making journeys on the road.
You should factor in things like how long the company has been on Shiply and their feedback score to decide which quote to go with, the cheapest option isn’t always the most reliable.
3.Preparing To Move Offices
There are still some simple steps you can take to prepare for your office relocation before everything is packed up.
- Create A Timeline - Putting all of the important dates of the move in a calendar can help with organisation and also give you something to share with your employees so they stay informed about the move.
- Plan The New Space - Visiting your new office and working out where everything will go will help immensely when it comes to setting it up. A visit will also tell you whether anything needs doing in the new office before you move in, for example painting the walls. This is also a good opportunity to sort out the gas, water and electricity.
- Have A Clearout - Moving offices is a great chance to have a proper clearout. We all have draws full of old documents or printers that don’t work sitting around our offices and moving all of your equipment is the perfect time to (responsibly) dispose of items that are no longer needed.
- Create An Inventory List - Along with clearing out old things, an office move is also a great chance to take stock of what you have. This can not only ensure that nothing gets lost during your move but also gives you the perfect chance to work out whether there’s anything you need to buy for the new office.
- Update Company Details - Make sure to update all of your company details with the new address and inform anyone who needs to know, such as banks.
Once the job has been completed, please make sure to leave feedback for the company, good or bad, as this helps other users make a more informed decision about office removal companies in the future.
Good luck, and happy moving!
Millions of people use Shiply
Fast and Easy
Complete one simple form and quotes come to you via email. Hassle-free, no phone calls required.
All delivery companies on Shiply are feedback rated for your peace of mind.
As Shiply's delivery companies are already making similar trips, quotes are up to 75% cheaper than standard rates.
Need assistance? Email or call us. We are here to help.