If you need a car collection service or delivery you will need to organise a transporter to complete the move for you. Specialist car collection companies vary in the level of service they provide so it’s worth examining the different methods before you decide which to use.
If your car is being collected from another party then you need to confirm any transport preparations with them before the pick-up.
If the vehicle is being picked up from you, then there are some preparations to be made prior to the collection date.
- Documentation: Keep documentation of your car handy for reference, especially if you are selling your car.
- Remove spare items: Take out any valuables from your car as well as any extra accessories that might not be covered by the transporter’s insurance.
- Car wash: Cleaning your car thoroughly will also give you a chance to inspect your vehicle for scrapes and scratches. Dust and dirt can also contribute to damage during transport.
- Check it’s working: Prior to collection check everything’s working as expected including warning and brake lights, foldable roofs etc. This will let you compare the condition pre and post transit.
- Pictures: Taking photos of your car will let you dispute any damage caused during transit. Having proof will make all the difference in the event of a claim.
- Top it up: Make sure the tyre’s PSI is correct and that fuel and oil levels are adequate before the car is collected so it can be driven away to its destination. (this doesn’t apply if you’re getting a non-runner collected)