Shiply in the news...
A Little Bit About Shiply
Just like eBay is an online marketplace for buying and selling goods, Shiply is an online marketplace for transporting goods. Users simply list items they need to move - free and with no obligation and then receive low cost bids from thousands of feedback-rated transport companies.
By matching people up with delivery companies who have spare capacity, Shiply helps to dramatically cut down on wasteful journeys and reduce CO2 emissions. At the same time, costs to the consumer are up to 75% off.
Launched in June 2008, Shiply has:
- Over 1,437,874 registered users
- Over 90,500 registered transport companies
- Received over 2,604,205 quote requests
- A new quote request made on the site every 20 seconds
- Had over £271m of work available
- Had 13 million bids placed on delivery listings
- Saved over 92 million miles by making use of spare capacity in lorries and vans
- Won over 10 business awards ranging from Nectar Start Up of the Year 2009 (£2,000) to Shell Springboard (£40,000) & The Dutch Postcode Lottery Green Challenge (EUR 100,000)
Latest News Releases
Shiply Celebrates Milestone of 500,000 Listings - 28th March 2011
uShip and Shiply Announce Settlement of Their Legal Dispute - 24th February 2011
Where is my nearest post box?! - 23rd September 2010
10 Million Miles Saved by Online Transport Marketplace Shiply - 13th July 2010
Shiply.com wins 100,000 Euro with Dutch Postcode Lottery Green Challenge - 28th September 2009